Sudhakar E. Nair, Ph.D
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Graduate College
Engineering 1, Room 246B 10 W. 32nd Street Chicago, IL 60616
Ph.D. - University of California at San Diego
Mechanical Engineering & Aerospace Engineering
- Solid Mechanics, Elastic and Inelastic Behavior of Materials, Applied Mathematics, Moving Boundary Problems, Wave Propagation in Anisotropic Media.
- "Advanced Topics in Applied Mathematics for Engineering and the Physical Sciences," Cambridge University Press, 2011
- "Introduction to Continuum Mechanics," Cambridge University Press, March 2009
- The Tao Solution for the Stefan Problem: An Alternate Derivation, "Doing Physics." A Festschrift for Thomas Erver, pp. 97-104, 2010.
- Scattering of P-polarized evanescent waves by a spherical dielectric particle, with R. Ayyagari. J. Optical Society of America, B, Vol. 26 Issue 11, pp. 2054-2058, 2009.
- Aerodynamic Performance of Wind Turbine Blades in Dusty Environments, with Y. Khakpour, S. Bardakji, ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition. 20071111-15; Seattle WA, 2007.
- Accuracy of the two iteration spectral method for phase change problems, with Z. Dursunkaya, J. Applied Mathematical Modeling 20, pp. 1515-1524, 2006.
- Wavelet-Galerkin Method for the Free Vibrations of an Elastic Cable, with M. Al-Qassab, ASCE J. Engineering Mechanics. Vol. 129, No.3, pp. 350-357,2003.
- Solidification of a Finite Medium Subject to a Periodic Variation of Boundary Temperature, with Z. Dursunkaya, J. Appl. Mech., Vol. 70, No. 5, pp. 633-637, 2003.
- A Crack Driving Force Criterion for the Prediction of Interface Crack Kinking in Thin-film Composites, with M. Gosz and A. F. Okyar, J. Interface Science, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 329-338 , 2003.
- Dynamics of an Elastic Cable Carrying a Moving Mass Particle, with M. Al-Qassab and J. O'Leary, Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol. 33 No. 1, pp. 11-32, 2003.
- Cooled Mirror for a Double Undulator Beam Line, with Y. Li, A. Khounsary, and J. Maser, SPIE.