Xiang-Yang Li, Ph.D.
Research & Accomplishments
- Algorithm design and analysis for networks, wireless sensor networks, computational geometry, game theory.
- OceanSense, NSF China
- GreenObs, NSF ZheJiang Province, China
- China's Young Outstanding Overseas Researcher (Information Technology), 2008.
- Best paper session in ACM MobiCom 2005.
- Best paper candidate for ACM MobiCom 2008.
- Best paper award of 35th Hawaii International Conference on System Science 2001 (HICSS'35).
- Hao Wang Award of 7th Annual International Computing and Combinatorics Conference 2001 (COCOON'01).
- The first place of JiangSu Province in junior (high-school) mathematics competition, 1989 and 1990, China.
- Wireless Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks: Theory and Applications, ISBN-13: 9780521865234, Pub. Date: June 2008, Cambridge University Press.
- Encyclopedia of Algorithms, edited by Ming-Yang Kao. (Area editor for mobile computing.) ISBN: 978-0-387-30770-1, Springer-Verlag.
- Sensor and Ad-Hoc Networks : Theoretical and Algorithmic Aspects, by S. Kami Makki (Editor), Xiang-Yang Li (Editor), Niki Pissinou (Editor), Shamila Makki (Editor), Masoumeh Karimi (Editor), Kia Makki (Editor), ISBN-13: 9780387773193. Pub. Date: July 2008.
- Algorithmic Aspects in Information and Management: Third International Conference, AAIM 2007, Portland OR, USA, June 6-8, 2007, Proceedings.
Shi Li, YunHao Liu and Xiang-Yang Li. Capacity of Large Scale Wireless Networks Under Gaussian Channel Model. ACM MobiCom, 2008. (Acceptance Ratio: 31 out of 264, 12%. A Best Paper candidate.)
Xiang-Yang Li. Multicast Capacity of Wireless Ad Hoc Networks. IEEE/ACM Transaction on Networking, January, 2008. (ACM MobiCom 2007; Acceptance Ratio: 26 out of 233, 11%)
WeiZhao Wang, Yu Wang, Xiang-Yang, WenZhan Song and Ophir Frieder. Efficient Interference-Aware TDMA Link Scheduling for Static Wireless Networks. ACM MobiCom 2006 (Acceptance Ratio: 35 out of 298, 12%)
WeiZhao Wang, Stephan Eidenbez, Yu Wang and Xiang-Yang Li. OURS- Optimal Unicast Routing Systems in Non-Cooperative Wireless Networks. ACM MobiCom 2006 (Acceptance Ratio: 35 out of 298, 12%)
Xiang-Yang Li, Wen-Zhan Song and WeiZhao Wang. A Unified Energy Efficient Topology for Unicast and Broadcast. ACM MobiCom, 2005. (Acceptance Ratio: 23 out of 224, 10%. One of 3 Best Paper candidates.)
Weizhao Wang, Xiang-Yang Li and Yu Wang. Truthful Multicast in Selfish Wireless Networks. ACM MobiCom, 2004. (Acceptance Ratio: 26 out of 327, 7.95%)
Herbert Edelsbrunner, Xiang-Yang Li, Gary Miller, Andreas Stathopoulos, Dafna Talmor, Shang-Hua Teng, Alper Ungor and Noel Walkington. Smoothing and cleaning up slivers. ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing (STOC00), 2000.
Xiang-Yang Li and Shang-Hua Teng. Generate Sliver Free Three Dimensional Mesh. Twelfth ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (SODA), 2001.
- President of SoCAPS (Society of Chinese American Professors and Scientists), Chicago Chapter, 2004-present. Council member of SoCAPS, 2005, Oct - present.
- Steering Committee member of AAIM: International Conference on Algorithmic Aspects in Information and Management.
- NeTS-NECO: Some Fundamental Problems for Performance Study of Opportunistic Spectrum Utilization. PI: Xiang-Yang Li. National Science Foundation, 01/01/2009 - 12/30/2011, $249,982.00.
- China National Natural Science Foundation of Overseas Young Scholars Cooperation Research Fund (Outstanding Young Researcher-B). PI: Xiang-Yang Li, Co-PI: Yong Qi. National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos.60828003), 01/01/2009 - 12/30/2010. RMB 200,000, 12/30/2010 - 12/30/2014 (to be determined).
- Explore Business Models for Streaming Applications in Peer-to-Peer Environments. PI: Wei Lou, Co-PI: Xiang-Yang Li. Hong Kong RGC CERG under Grant PolyU-5232/07E, 01/01/2008 - 12/31/2009, HK$ 378,400.
- Effective and Efficient Environment Monitoring in Wireless Sensor Networks, PI: YunHao Liu, Co-PI: Xiang-Yang Li. Hong Kong RGC CERG HKUST6169/07E, 09/01/2007 - 08/31/2009. HK$ 489,445 (US$ 70K).
- A Microeconomic Approach for Digital Rights Management in P2P Networks, PI: XiaoWen Chu, Co-PI: Xiang-Yang Li. HK RGC HKBU 210406, 01/09/2006 - 02/28/2009, HK$356,000.
- Prefix-Free Vertex Coloring for Channel Assignment in OVSF-CDMA Wire-less Ad Hoc Networks. PI: Peng-Jun Wan, Co-PI: Xiang-Yang Li. NSF Grant CCR-0311174, 2003-2006. $187,474.00.
- International Workshop on Theoretical Aspects of Wireless Ad Hoc, Sensor and Peer-to-Peer Networks. PI: Xiang-Yang Li. National Science Foundation, 2003. $20,000.00