Xiaofan Li, Ph.D.
Professor of Applied Mathematics
Director of Graduate Studies for the Department of Applied Mathematics
Associate Dean of Graduate Admission, Graduate College
Engineering 1, Room 117C
Ph.D. - University of California at Los Angeles
- Computational Fluid Dynamics: particulate flows, rheology of suspensions and emulsions; Computational Material Science; Numerical Analysis: boundary integral method.
- Self-similar evolution of a precipitate in inhomogeneous elastic media , with A. Barua, S. Li, and J. S. Lowengrub, Journal of Crystal Growth (2012), 351 62-71. pdf
- A boundary integral method for computing dynamics of an epitaxial island, with S.. Li, SIAM J. Sci. Comput. (2011) 33(6), 3282--3302. pdf
- A High-order Boundary Integral Method for Surface Diffusions on Elastically Stressed Axisymmetric Rods, with Q. Nie, J. of Comput. Phys. (2009) 228(12), 4625-4637. Click here for paper.
- A spectrally accurate boundary integral method for interfacial velocities in two-dimensional Stokes flow, with X. Sun, Commun. Comput. Phys. (2010) 8(4), 933-946. pdf
- Numerical methods for nonlinear acoustic resonators, with G.Raman, Nonlinear Acoustics: Current Trends, eds. C. Vanhille and C. Campos-Pozuelo, Research Signpost (2011) 21-32 ISBN 978-81-308-0445-3. pdf