Because of the diversity of interests of students in chemistry and the increasing inter-disciplinary impact of chemistry in other areas, IIT offers optional degree programs in chemistry. Each degree program maintains the five basic core areas of chemistry while at the same time providing options to prepare students to enter an operationally well-recognized career path. Students can elect the traditional Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry where they choose their own technical electives or focus on one of the following six options:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (Biological Chemistry)
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (Polymer Chemistry)
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (Materials Chemistry)
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (Chemical Physics)
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (Chemical Education)
*CHEM 416, 450, 485, and 487 are not required for students pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Chemistry with emphasis in Chemical Education.
**Requires approval by the advisor. One of the technical electives must be BIOL 107 or BIOL 115. This course must be taken before the student enrolls in BIOL 401.