The application procedure for Master in Mathematical Finance Program is administered by IIT Office of Graduate Admission. See below for contact information.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, engineering, or equivalent completed prior to enrollment (minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0). Applicants are required to have a background in undergraduate level probability theory, multivariate calculus and linear algebra. Background in ordinary differential equations will enhance the chance of admission to the program.
- GRE (For tests taken prior to August 1, 2011: Minimum score of 1200 [quantitative + verbal], 2.5 [analytical writing]; For tests taken after August 1, 2011: Minimum GRE scores: 310 [quantitative + verbal], 2.5 [analytical writing])
- Applicants from Non-English-speaking countries must submit TOEFL scores (a minimum paper based score of 600, computer-based score of 250, and Internet-based score of 100)
- Submit an essay responding to the following:
- Why do you wish to pursue graduate study in the Master of Mathematical Finance program? Define your five-year career plan and discuss how you believe graduate studies will contribute to your professional goals. How will this joint College of Science / Stuart Business School degree fit into your plans?
- Two letters of recommendation
Some applicants may be required to take prerequisite courses if they lack a significant foundation for the program. An interview for admission may also be required. You may transfer a maximum of two equivalent graduate courses from other institutions subject to the condition that these courses have not been used to earn a graduate degree. Students are only allowed to start the MMF program in the Fall semester, but students who already possess an advanced degree may be approved to begin the program at a different time of year. Please contact the admission office for exceptions.
Application Deadline for Fall Semester
Domestic Applicants - May 1
International Applicants - April 15
How to apply?
Please follow all instructions and details described on the degree-seeking application checklist.
All applicants must apply online.
If you have any questions about the Admission Process please contact the Office of Graduate of Admission.
Business Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm CST
IIT Stuart offers merit-based scholarships to select incoming full-time degree-seeking students. Automatic consideration is given via the application for admission—no additional forms are necessary. Accepted students will be notified at the time of admission if a scholarship has been awarded. The following criteria are used to determine these awards:
- Academic history
- Test scores
- Work experience
- Letters of recommendations
For more details and information about financial aid please visit the Office of Graduate Admission.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition rates are subject to change, and the information on this page will be updated as that information becomes available. For a complete listing of costs and fees associated with attendance, please visit the IIT Student Accounting Office.