The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program at Illinois Tech has a strong software engineering focus throughout the curriculum, which gives our students an advantage in the most challenging CS positions. That, along with a thorough computer science theory sequence, will provide you with the basis for fundamental technology innovation. In the long term, this will be a difference maker in your career.
Illinois Tech is also growing our computer science faculty in the hottest research areas—including cloud computing, cybersecurity, social networking, and data science.
Computer science undergraduates at Illinois Tech get the opportunity to work on major research right from the start. You might participate in a professor’s research lab, work at a company on campus in University Technology Park, or apply for one of our stipends for undergraduate summer research in the College of Science.
Get the advanced degree in computer science that you need to move up in the world. Our computer science master’s degrees give you the credential to be a leader in your field. You’ll go beyond tools and become one of your organization’s problem-solvers—one of the most valued kinds of professionals in the market today.
Illinois Tech is a leader in providing a rigorous and relevant graduate education in computer science. Just a few reasons why our CS programs are distinct:
- In-demand topics. You can choose from in-demand topics like data science, machine learning, decision science, high-performance computing, cloud, cybersecurity, and more.
- Real-world problem-solving. You are taught how to solve real-world problems—both theory and how to apply it to real problems.
- Graduates who become leaders. Our CS alumni include innovators behind tech companies such as Linksys, Twitter, and Intel.Other alumni work at Google, Amazon, Ocient, Microsoft, JP Morgan Chase, Cray, Facebook, Lawrence Berkeley National Labs, Boston Consulting, Oracle, Cisco, and more.
- Close partnerships with Chicago’s tech community. Our CS department has close partnerships with Chicago’s tech community, and Chicago is a major global city for business opportunities.
- Flexible programs. Our accredited programs include full-time and part-time options, thesis and non-thesis degrees, online and evening courses, plus certificates.
The doctoral program is designed for those students who have an interest in pursuing an academic or industrial research career. To be awarded a Ph.D. in Computer Science, a student must demonstrate mastery in several areas of computer science and must make a significant original contribution to research in the field of computer science.