Ali Khounsary, Ph.D.
Research Professor of Physics
174 Robert A. Pritzker Science Center
Ph.D., University of Illinois
M.S., University of Illinois
B.Sc., University of London
Adjunct Professor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois
President, X-ray Optics, Inc.
Faculty, Center for Synchrotron Radiation Research and Instrumentation (CSRRI)
Optics, X-ray optics and instrumentation, heat transfer, thermal management, high heat load optics, X-ray techniques, mechanical and optomechanical design and analysis, finite element analysis, product development, fabrication techniques.
- Associate Editor of Journal of Heat Transfer, 2013-present.
- Editor, Journal of X-ray Optics & Instrumentation, 2007-2011.
- OE Magazine Editorial Board, 2003-2005.
- Associate Editor, Optical Engineering, 2000-2005.
- Track Chair / co-chair: Radiation Technologies (SPIE), 2001-2008, 2014-present.
- Chair / co-chair / organizer, over 50 conferences & workshops, 1990-present.
- Chair, BRTD Radiation Technologies Committee (ASME), 2004-2011, 2012-2015.
- Chair / Co-chair / member, various technical, professional, and review committees.