Ali Khounsary, Ph.D.
Research Professor of Physics
174 Robert A. Pritzker Science Center
Ph.D., University of Illinois
M.S., University of Illinois
B.Sc., University of London
Faculty, Center for Synchrotron Radiation Research and Instrumentation (CSRRI)
President, X-ray Optics, Inc.
Adjunct Professor, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, University of Illinois
Medical device development; thermal and fluidic systems; thermal management; X-ray techniques, optics, instrumentation; high heat flux systems; optical and mechanical design and analysis; fabrication techniques; IP development
- Associate Editor of Journal of Heat Transfer, 2013-present.
- Editor, Journal of X-ray Optics & Instrumentation, 2007-2011.
- OE Magazine Editorial Board, 2003-2005.
- Associate Editor, Optical Engineering, 2000-2005.
- Track Chair / co-chair: Radiation Technologies (SPIE), 2001-2008, 2014-present.
- Chair / co-chair / organizer, over 50 conferences & workshops, 1990-present.
- Chair, BRTD Radiation Technologies Committee (ASME), 2004-2011, 2012-2015.
- Chair / Co-chair / member, various technical, professional, and review committees.