Kiah Wah Ong, Ph.D.
Lecturer of Applied Mathematics
Rettaliata Engineering Center, Room 206
Tuesdays 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM, 1:00 - 2:00 PM
Ph.D. in Mathematics - Indiana University (2017)
M.S. in Mathematical Sciences - Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman, Malaysia (2010)
B.S. in Mathematics - University of Malaya, Malaysia
Research & Accomplishments
Dynamical properties of systems driven by dissipative or stochastic partial differential equations
- Fee Scholarship, Indiana University (2011-2017)
- Glenn Schober Memorial Travel Awards, Indiana University (2016)
- Rothrock Teaching Award, Indiana University (2014)
- M. Cai, M. Hernandez, K. W. Ong, and S. Wang. Baroclinic Instability and Transitions in a Two-Layer Quasigeostrophic Channel Model. Submitted, 2017. arXiv:1705.07989
- M. Hernandez and K. W. Ong. Stochastic Swift-Hohenberg Equation with Degenerate Linear Multiplicative Noise. Submitted. 2016.
- L. Li, M. Hernandez, and K. W. Ong. Stochastic Attractor Bifurcation for the Two-Dimensional Swift-Hohenberg Equation. Submitted, 2016.
- L. Li and K. W. Ong. Dynamic Transitions of Generalized Burgers Equation. Journal of Mathematical Fluid Mechanics (2016), Vol. 18, Issue 1, pp. 89-102.
- K. W. Ong. Dynamic Transitions of Generalized Kuramoto-Sivashinsky Equation. Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems - Series B (2016), Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 1225-1236.
- K. W. Ong, S. L. Tan, and Y. E. Tu. Integral Operators and Univalent Functions. Tamkang Journal of Mathematics (2012), Vol. 43, No. 2, pp. 215-221.
- Preparing future faculty conference, planning committee member, Indiana University, October 2015 - February 2016.
- Faculty advisor for Actuary Today, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman, May 2010 - May 2011.
- Program promotion coordinator, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman, May 2010 - May 2011.