Linda Spentzouris, Ph.D.
Research & Accomplishments
Current research concerns the role of accelerator component design and materials on beam dynamics of particle accelerators. This includes, or has included, control of photocathode figures of merit by design, Fermilab Booster beam dynamics due to magnet impedance, electron emission in accelerator environments, and use of metamaterials in accelerating structures.
Professional activities include promoting accelerator physics education, through participation as an instructor at the US Particle Accelerator School, and co-coordination of the Lee Teng summer research internship program for undergraduates.
- NSF CAREER Award (2003)
- APS DPB Outstanding Doctoral Thesis Research in Beam Physics Award (1997)
- "A Metal-insulator photocathode heterojunction for directed electron emission", Timothy C. Droubay, Scott A. Chambers, Alan G. Joly, Wayne P. Hess, Karoly Nemeth, Katherine Harkay, and Linda Spentzouris, Phys. Rev. Lett. accepted for publication.
- "Searching for low-workfunction phases in the Cs-Te system: the case of Cs2Te5", Anthony Ruth, Karoly Nemeth, Katherine C. Harkay, Joseph Z. Terdik, Linda Spentzouris, Jeff Terry, J. Appl. Phys., 113, 183703, (2013)
- "Kelvin probe studies of Cesium Telluride Photocathode for AWA photoinjector", Eric Wisniewski, Daniel Velazquez, Zikri Yusof, Linda Spentzouris, Jeff Terry, Tapash J. Sarkar, and Katherine Harkay, Nucl. Instr. Meth. A, 711, pp.60-64, (2013)
- "Anomalous workfunction anisotropy in ternary acetylides", Joseph Zs. Terdik, Karoly Nemeth, Katherine Harkay, Jeffrey H. Terry, Jr., Linda Spentzouris, Daniel Velazquez, Richard Rosenberg, and George Srajer, Phys. Rev. B, 86, 035142, (2012).
- "Wake functions for laminated magnets and applications for Fermilab Booster synchrotron", Alexandru Macridin, Panagiotis Spentzouris, James Amundson, Linda Spentzouris, and Daniel McCarron, PRSTAB, 14, 061003 (2011).
- "High brightness photocathodes through ultra-thin surface layers on metals", Karoly Nemeth, Katherine C. Harkay, Michel van Veenendaal, Linda Spentzouris, Marion White, Klaus Attenkofer, and George Srajer, Phys. Rev. Lett., 104 046801 (2010).
- "Observation of wakefield generation in left-handed band of metamaterial-loaded waveguide", S. Antipov, L. Spentzouris, W.Gai, M. Conde, F.Franchini, R.Konecny, W. Liu, J. G. Power, and Z. Yusof, J. Appl. Phys., 104, 014901 (2008).
- "Double-negative metamaterial research for accelerator applications", S. Antipov, L. Spentzouris, W.Gai, W. Liu, and J. G. Power, Nucl. Instr. Meth. A, 579, 3, 915-923 (2007).
- "Wakefield generation in metamaterial-loaded waveguides", S.Antipov, W.Liu, W.Gai, J. Power, L.Spentzouris, J. Appl. Phys., 102, 034906 (2007).
- "Numerical studies of ILC positron target and OMD field effects on beam", S.Antipov, W.Liu, W.Gai, L.Spentzouris, J. Appl. Phys., 102, 014910 (2007).
- "An experimentally robust technique for halo measurement using the IPM at the Fermilab Booster", J. Amundson, W. Pellico, L. Spentzouris, P. Spentzouris, and T. Sullivan, Nuclear Instrumentation and Methods in Physics Research, A, 570, 1 (2007).
- "Calibration of the Fermilab Booster ionization profile monitor", J. Amundson, J. Lackey, P. Spentzouris, G. Jungman and L. Spentzouris, Physical Review Special Topics, Accelerators and Beams, 6, 10 (2003).
- "Direct measurement of diffusion rates in high energy synchrotrons using longitudinal beam echoes," L.K. Spentzouris, J.F. Ostiguy, and P.L. Colestock, Phys. Rev. Lett., 766, 620 (1996).