Xiaofan Li, Ph.D.
Interim Dean, College of Science
Professor of Applied Mathematics
312.567.7016 (Interim Dean, College of Science Office)
312.567.5340 (Applied Mathematics Office)
Rettaliata Engineering Center, Room 117C
Mondays and Wednesdays 2:15 - 3:15 PM (RE 220)
or by Appointment
Ph.D. - University of California at Los Angeles
- Computational Fluid Dynamics: particulate flows, rheology of suspensions and emulsions; Computational Material Science; Numerical Analysis: boundary integral method.
- Self-similar evolution of a precipitate in inhomogeneous elastic media , with A. Barua, S. Li, and J. S. Lowengrub, Journal of Crystal Growth (2012), 351 62-71. pdf
- A boundary integral method for computing dynamics of an epitaxial island, with S.. Li, SIAM J. Sci. Comput. (2011) 33(6), 3282--3302. pdf
- A High-order Boundary Integral Method for Surface Diffusions on Elastically Stressed Axisymmetric Rods, with Q. Nie, J. of Comput. Phys. (2009) 228(12), 4625-4637. Click here for paper.
- A spectrally accurate boundary integral method for interfacial velocities in two-dimensional Stokes flow, with X. Sun, Commun. Comput. Phys. (2010) 8(4), 933-946. pdf
- Numerical methods for nonlinear acoustic resonators, with G.Raman, Nonlinear Acoustics: Current Trends, eds. C. Vanhille and C. Campos-Pozuelo, Research Signpost (2011) 21-32 ISBN 978-81-308-0445-3. pdf