The Bachelor of Science in Biology and the Bachelor of Science in Psychology is an integrated dual-degree program preparing you to pursue a future in neuroscience, while maintaining the integrity and content of each individual degree program.
This program is designed to help you continue into the following areas:
- Pre-health (pre-MD, pre-clinical psychologist, or psychiatrist) in neurological or behavioral issues. This challenging double major program will be an asset in the professional school application process, and an excellent preparation for the MCAT.
- Moving on to graduate school in studies at the interface of biology and psychology, such as neuroscience, brain science, or cognitive science.
This degree program offers a number of advantages in preparing you to work in neuroscience:
- It is one of the few integrated dual-degree programs in the country, offering extensive preparation for work at the intersection of these fields.
- Provides you with hands-on research experience.
- Following the scientist practitioner model instills a scientific and research foundation for all work.
- Assigning you two advisers, one in biology and one in psychology, provies comprehensive support and guidance.
- Meeting requirements of both biology and psychology degrees gives you the flexibility to branch in either disciplinary direction in the future, if they wish.
- Enabling you to earn both degrees in as little as four to four and a half years, or faster with more AP credit.
Transfer students: Ask about an audit of your previous coursework to see what you need to take for this program.